Quick Tip: Delete an Unwanted Address from the Microsoft Outlook Auto-Complete List
Microsoft Outlook does many things that save time and streamline our communications process. In fact, it’s hard to remember how we business communications worked before the days of email. Each time you correspond with a new person, Outlook stores this address for quick recall at a later time. This is a good thing. We’ve all used this. You start typing an address and one, or several, options appear for us to select.
However, this auto-complete function has a dark side. It also remembers mistyped entries and keeps old addresses even when the recipient may no longer use that address. Fortunately, there’s a solution. There’s a fairly simple way to delete auto-complete entries that are incorrect or simply not of use.
Follow the steps below to delete undesired entries:
- Create a mew email in Outlook.
- Begin typing either the name or email address you want to remove.
- Once it appears, use the down arrow on your keyboard to highlight the entry you would like to delete.
- Press Delete on your keyboard.
- Repeat for all undesired addresses.