Link or Embed Excel Data into Microsoft Project
You can insert data from Microsoft Office Excel into Microsoft Project as a linked object that will be updated dynamically by changes made in the source file. You can also embed the data independent of its original file.
1. In Excel, select the data (such as fields, cells, records, or rows) that you want to link or embed, and then click Copy.
2. In Project, on the View tab, click the view that you want.
To use a view that is not on the View tab, click the arrow on Other Views, then select More Views. From the list on the More Views dialog, select the view that you want, and then click Apply.
3. In Project, select the location where you want to insert the data.
4. Right-click to select Paste Special.
5. On the Paste Special dialog, do one of the following:
* To paste the data, without a link to the source document, click Paste.
* To link the inserted data to the data in the source document, click Paste Link.
6. From the list, select Text Data and then click OK.